Tuesday 3 January 2012

Nail Art

I have just come across some fantastic lace nail art.



 It was a DIY job done by the girls sister. I think I will have a go! All you need is...

-1/2 Yard Lace from a ribbon spool
-A base coat
- Non-permanent glue
-A clear top coat
- A toothpick
-Wax paper.


To recreate this look I prepared my nails with a base coat and a base colour. I did this as this DIY job includes glue and I didn't want to apply the glue directly to my nails. I chose a natural base colour, however you could use any colour that contrasts the colour of your lace.

After cutting the lace to the size of my nail, I lay the pieces down on wax paper coating the back side with glue. I used eyelash glue as I knew it definitely wasn't permanent. It was easier to do this using a toothpick. I then placed the lace onto my nail pressing down with the toothpick. I then repeated this on all my nails.

I finished by applying lots of layers of top coat to make sure the lace was sealed to my nail and that the nail was smooth to touch. 

Thankyou to Jennifer owner of Looks for Less for the Idea!

Here are some more interesting nail designs.
















No comments:

Post a Comment