Wednesday 29 February 2012

Create your own colour scheme

After considering if adaptable design is eco design, and wondering if you could wear a garment in multiple ways would this stop you from buying more garments. I looked into creative customizable clothing.

In this idea coloured pens are placed in small stitched pockets that dott the dress design from top to bottom. They are then allowed to bleed into the material, creating spots of colour as they do. Therefore the wearer can adapt the colour scheme depending on their mood/event between washes.

I am not sure this would prevent me from buying more garments though. I would want to change more than the colour scheme and patterns are limited. If wax resist was added into this design process some interesting, varied patterns colour definitely be achieved. I like the concept though.

Designs by Fernando Brizio



No comments:

Post a Comment